Friday, August 17, 2007

Can You Say Appeasment?

According to the New World Dictionary Second College Edition the definition of 'appeasment' is 'the policy of giving in to the demands of a hostile or aggressive power in an attempt to keep the peace.'

From an article posted on WorldNetDaily August 15, 2007:
Catholic churches in the Netherlands should use the name Allah for God to ease tensions between Muslims and Christians, says a Dutch bishop.
Tiny Muskens, the bishop of Breda, told the Dutch TV program "Network" Monday night he believes God doesn't mind what he is called, Radio Netherlands Worldwide reported.
The Almighty is above such "discussion and bickering," he insisted.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57178


Exodus 3:13-15
And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

God did not tell Moses that His name is "Allah".

Exodus 6:3
And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Abraham, Isaac and Jacob knew Him as Jehovah, not "Allah".

Nowhere in the Holy Bible is God referred to as "Allah". God insured that His people knew His name. What makes Bishop Muskens think that God doesn't care what He is called? My name is Trudy. I would soon be offended if someone insisted on calling me "Sally" when they already knew what my name is just because they liked "Sally" better or because someone else liked that name better. For that matter, what makes Christians think that Muslims will like us any better if we appease them? If anything, they will lose even more respect for us because we don't even have the courage to stand fast for what we believe. Well entrenched hatreds will not go away simply because we back down on matters of our own faith.




1 comment:

Valerie Paish said...

Furthermore, God told King David in 2 Kings 21:4-- "in Jerusalem I will put my name.
2 Kings 21:7 "In this house (the temple),and in Jerusalem, which I have chosen out of all the tribes of Israel, will I put my name FOREVER . (emphasis mine)