Sunday, June 24, 2007

When the Operation is a Failure

A woman went into the hospital for major surgery. Afterwards she awoke, back in her room , but all the drapes and blinds were closed. When her doctor came in to see her she asked why the room had been darkened."Well", he replied, "there's a huge fire burning across the street, and we didn't want you to wake up and think the operation was a failure."
If the operation was a failure do you know what would be next for you? Do you know that you would be in Heaven? The way to really know is simple.


John 3:36
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.


The plan for salvation has been set out in point form in the Book of Romans:


Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;


Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.


Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.


Do it now. Tomorrow is not promised to any of us. Tomorrow may be to late. Simply pray the following prayer:


Lord, I admit that I am a sinner and I cannot save myself. I believe that Jesus died for my sins so that I wouldn't have to and that He rose again on the third day so that I too would have the promise of eternal life. Right now I ask Jesus to come into my heart and to live within me and through me. Thank you Lord for loving me so much that You have done for me what I cannot do for myself. Amen

No comments: