Sunday, December 2, 2007

Canadian "Beer Fridges" are the Culprits

When I first heard this, I thought it was a joke. Apparently not. Canadian "beer fridges" - apparently 1 in 3 Canadians have one - are a "significant" factor in Global Warming. People who keep their old fridge when they purchase their new one are being cited as huge contributors to greenhouse gas emissions. I have heard a lot contradictory information on both sides of the debate about whether or not humans are the real cause of climate change or if it is a naturally occurring phenomena that has happened before without our input. To be perfectly honest, I'm not convinced that it's us. (eep.....did I really admit that publicly? Are the politically correct police going to get me?) And now, even our beer isn't safe. What next?

http://environment.newscientist.com/article/dn12975-beer-fridges-present-a-gassy-problem.html

No comments: