Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

I would like to pay tribute to my mother on Mother's Day. Raising children, molding them into responsible citizens is no easy task. My mother made many sacrifices for my two brothers, my sister and for me. She never had a career, she stayed home to take care of us. She went without nice, new clothes and other coveniences so that we could have skates, bicycles and so that we could take part in Cubs, Scouts, Brownies, Guides, baseball, hockey, figure skating, majorettes and gymnastics. She was involved in our activities - Sunday School teacher, Brownie Leader, she participated in Community League and 'Home and School'. She always had a garden and canned her own food, made jam and pickles, baked from scratch and made sure that we had wholesome meals. She sewed and knitted. She shared with us a love of reading and learning. She was always there when we needed her and we could count on her to do what ever needed to be done. Thank-you mom, we love you.

Deuteronomy 5:16
Honour thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee

No comments: